This was a 900 sqare foot cottage on a large, beautifully wooded lot with a view of Sarasota Bay. The owners decided to raise the house to be above the flood plain, completely gut, remodel, and add on to the existing home instead on tearing it down & building new. They couldn’t be happier with their decision to keep the charm and character of the original home while completely modernizing the electical, plumbing, and HVAC systems. This home features double-glazed impact glass, spray-foam insulation in the ceiling, walls, AND under the floor. The energy costs are staggeringly low, even in the heat of the summer. The home was certified green by the Florida Green Building Coalition and features florida-friendly landscaping.
- Make the home 100% compliant with current hurricane codes and receive maximum insurance discounts.
- The home was 4” below the flood plain, raise home so that it could be remodeled without interference from the 50% rule.
- Raise & rebuild the home without disturbing the beautiful trees on the lot.
- Be sensitive to the impact on the neighbors and the neighborhood.
- Rebuild an old home and make it live like a new home, quiet, comfortable, and efficient.